The following criteria are communicated in the Marklander on or before the May edition:
The Markland Wood Homeowners Association is proud to offer and award two $1,000 awards to two young residents of Markland who are graduating from high school. These are students from the Markland community who:
- Demonstrate outstanding and consistent outreach to their community
- Have been accepted for entrance to, and enrolled in, an accredited Canadian University or Community College in the coming year, Autumn of 2017.
Expressions of interest are to be submitted to the Blinder of the Youth Community Leadership Award Committee by the midnight, July 3rd. At that time, the applicant should provide to the Award Committee duplicate copies of:
- A 500 word essay, written by the student, describing his/her community leadership involvement which should include: insight into personal motivation to undertake the activity; what has been accomplished; what meaningful contribution has been made to the community, and what he or she has learned from the experience.
- Two letters of reference from the community group(s), or individuals who have been the focus of the student’s involvement.
- A letter from the post secondary institution you will be attending confirming acceptance for September 2017.
- A completed application form.
For further information please call one of your Markland Homes Association Board of Directors.
All completed submissions must be forwarded to:The Markland Homes Association
PO Box 11, Station A
Etobicoke, Ontario M9C 4V2