Youth Community Leadership Awards
Markland Wood Youth Community Leadership Award
If you are pursuing post secondary studies next autumn please consider applying for the 2020 Youth Leadership Award. These awards are generously funded by the MWHA and presented annually to:
A Markland Wood resident
An Individual who makes a difference in our community through volunteer/ community involvement and leadership
To apply, please visit the Markland Wood website at www.marklandwood.org.
Click on the tab marked “Who we are” and then click on “Youth Awards”. Complete all parts of the application. The deadline for applications is midnight, July 30th.
Community services performed by youth are intended to strengthen young peoples' senses of civic engagement and community, and to help them achieve their educational, developmental and social goals.
Community leaders will often attest to the necessity of engaging youth in deliberating, planning, implementing, and reflecting on their community service resulting in an enhanced learning experience.
It is with in mind that the Markland Wood Homes Association once again offers the
Youth Community Leadership Award to young residents of Markland who have
exhibited the community involvement and leadership the award was designed to
The $1000 awards will be given to two students who are graduating from high
school. These are students from the Markland Wood community who:
- Demonstrate outstanding and consistent outreach to their community, and;
- Have been accepted for entrance to, and enrolled in, an accredited Canadian University or Community College in the coming year, Autumn of 2021.
Expressions of interest are to be submitted to the Blinder of the Youth Community Leadership Award Committee by the midnight, July 30th. At that time, the applicant should provide to the Award Committee duplicate copies of:
- A 500 word essay, written by the student, describing his/her community leadership involvement which should include: insight into personal motivation to undertake the activity; what has been accomplished; what meaningful contribution has been made to the community, and what he or she has learned from the experience.
- Two letters of reference from the community group(s), or individuals who have been the focus of the student’s involvement.
- A letter from the post secondary institution you will be attending confirming acceptance for September 2021
- A completed application form.
An application form can be found on this page of the Markland Wood web site below.
For further information please call one of your Markland Wood Homeowners Association Board of Directors.
Click to: Download and Print the Markland Wood, Youth Community Leadership Award - Application Form
All completed submissions must be forwarded to:
The Markland Wood Homeowners Association,
PO Box 11, Station A
Etobicoke, Ontario, M9C 4V2
Attention: The Youth Community Leadership Award Blinder
- Tags: Award, Etobicoke, Markland Wood, MWHA, Toronto